Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter. — Izaak Walton
Published by aunatural10
Arnab Basu, an Environmentalist and Natural History Commentator.
Born in Kolkata on 17th June, 1978 and currently based out of Bengaluru.
• An Environmentalist by profession and holds B.Sc with major in Botany and Zoology from 2000 batch of University of Calcutta; MBA in Environment Management from 2004 batch of Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management (IISWBM), Kolkata; Diploma in Chemical Engineering and Industrial Safety.
• About two decades of experience in advisory work on environmental law, governance and management systems;
• Worked with National and multinational EHS consultancy farm like EQMS, Deloitte etc, currently working as Principal Consultant in ERM.
• Participated in about 40 biodiversity expeditions, in Himalayas, Western Ghats, Central India, Sub-Himalayan Terai region, Mangroves of Indian and Bangladesh, Tundra region of Scottish Highland, Rain forest of Sumatra, Desert of Kutch, Western India and Savannah of South Africa.
• Conducted assessment of urban and sub urban biodiversity at Kolkata, Salt Lake Wetland, South Bengal (West Bengal).
• Conducted Study on Joint Forest Management and Wild Life in South West Bengal under the supervision of Department of Forest, Govt. of West Bengal and under the joint guidance of Environment Management department of IISWBM and National Afforestation and Eco-development Board, Govt. of India.
View all posts by aunatural10